Sunday, April 19, 2009

All Animals Are Created Equal

I recently reread Animal Farm yet again and as usual it never fails to disappoint. If you've never read it you should and you should do it today! The thing's less than 100 pages but trust me, it's pure entertainment and gets the ol' melon ticking away. The story is a satire of the Russian Revolution in which the animals of Manor Farm stage a revolution, overthrow their evil human masters and attempt to create their ideal society. The pigs emerge as the natural leaders and unsurprisingly power begets corruption. Anywho, I don't want to spoil it but once again if you've never read it, go out and buy it and help end the recession... or you could always go to the library like a loser.

That last sentance was inspired by a former roommate of mine who lost his lisence for muliple DUIs and when I said I was taking the bus downtown he grabbed my arm, looked me straight in the eyes and said with the all seriousness "Andrew, the bus is for losers." I never forgot those wise words but the influence of his wisdom lost it's lustre slightly when he came home drunk one night, staggered into a bathroom we were renovating and took a dump in a toilet that wasn't connected to anything. And now that we've come full circle on today's postings of drunkenness, communism, and farts I bid you adieu.

1 comment:

  1. are you for real? I am trying desperately to put all the pieces of the puzzle together and figure out which roomate this might be...!

    ReplyDelete